Did you know your HVAC system uses more energy in your home than any other source? That’s why HVAC repair, replacement and maintenance is so important to your home. We help keep homes in Middletown, KY safe and comfortable through reliable HVAC repair, replacement, and maintenance plans.
When your HVAC system is not working to its full potential, it will be pretty evident. But knowing the signs and what to look for can help you narrow down which part of your system needs repair: your air conditioner or your furnace.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs a Repair
- Warm Air or Inconsistent Cooling Performance: Lukewarm air or maybe spurts of cold, but inconsistent performance throughout your Middletown, KY home is a clear sign you need a furnace or air conditioner repair.
- Poor Airflow From Your Vents: This could be due to a problem with the fan or a blockage in the ducts. Calling an HVAC repair technician is the best way to detect the problem.
- Short, Frequent Cycling of Your Cooling System: This can be a frustrating and noisy problem that is a sign it’s time to call an HVAC contractor to inspect your system.
- Excessive Humidity that Doesn’t Seem to Improve Over Time: If it feels humid inside your home, this is a sure sign there’s a problem with the AC unit.
- Visible Pools of Moisture or Other Signs of a Leak: Anytime you see moisture, it could be something simple, like a drainage issue, but it also could be more serious.
- Unexplained Noises or Unpleasant Odors During Operation: Any banging, clanking, or screeching from the unit is a key sign it’s time to call for an HVAC repair expert in Middletown, KY.
Signs Your Furnace Needs a Repair
- Abnormal Smells: Odd odors can sometimes be improved simply by changing the filters, but if the problem persists, call for a local HVAC repair contractor.
- Trouble Starting The Unit: If your furnace or air conditioner won’t even turn on, it’s a pretty clear sign there’s a problem and you’ll want to call for a professional to get accurate diagnostics.
- Discolored Pilot Light: The pilot light should always be blue. If it is yellow, it is usually an indication of dangerous carbon monoxide.
- Low Levels of Heat: If your system can’t keep up with demand, there are several possible reasons as to why. The only way to know exactly what is wrong is to call a local HVAC repair technician in Middletown, KY.
- Unusual Noises: Any type of cry, wail, bang, or pop usually means things are starting to wear down and your system needs some attention from a professional.
- Poor Air Quality: If you notice your air feels stagnant, humid, or muggy, it’s time to call for an HVAC company to inspect your units and help keep things fresh.
- Carbon-Monoxide Detector Goes Off: If your detectors are going off, it’s better to be safe than sorry and time to have the furnace checked by a heating and cooling expert.
- High Utility Bills: If your usage is the same, but your utility bills are higher, this a sign that something is wrong and it’s time to schedule a visit from an HVAC repair contractor.
- Pooling Water: If you see water around the furnace, it is usually due to a clog and can be remedied by an HVAC repair.
- You Smell Gas: Anytime you smell natural gas, you should turn off the gas and call a professional furnace repair contractor as soon as possible.
- Weak Air Blowing: If the air changes from full blown to weak, it could be a minor fan issue to a broken belt or motor and needs to be checked out by a repair technician.
- Frequent/Constant Cycling: Over-cycling means it’s running and working harder than it should, and there’s likely an internal problem that should be looked at by a professional.
We Are Here For You
If these signs sound familiar, give us a call. Our team is here for you to make sure you and your family stay comfortable. As a local heating and cooling contractor, we have families right here in Middletown, KY as well and we provide quality repairs you can rely on.
How To Tell If You Need To Replace Your HVAC System
Sometimes it can be difficult to tell whether you’re in for a full HVAC replacement or if a simple repair will do the trick. Most problems we see here in Middletown, KY can be repaired and can give several years back to your system. However, sometimes it’s time for a completely new HVAC unit. These are the sure signs that it’s time to replace your system.
- Age of the AC Unit
If your unit is in the double digits, prepare for a replacement. The average lifespan of an AC unit is anywhere 12-15 years. This is a big span and it depends on the quality of the product and the quality of the installation. But the older your system gets, the closer you are to a replacement.
- Use of Freon
If your air conditioner uses R-22 Freon, you must replace it soon. The U.S. government has phased out R-22 Freon completely in exchange for more efficient energy sources. Upgrading your unit will be more efficient anyway and save you money on your utility bills.
- Constant Repairs
If you have a high frequency of repairs, then it’s probably time to upgrade to a new unit, especially if your unit is getting older.
- Repair Costs
There is a simple equation we use to determine if your money is better used for a repair or if a replacement is the way to go. Simply take the cost of the repair and multiply it by the age of the unit in years. This should be lower than the cost of a new system.
- Cost of Energy Bills
Check your energy bills. If you’re on a steady incline, you’re headed for a replacement. If you have a sudden incline, likely, you have a faulty part that may be able to be replaced.
- Efficiency of Your Current System
If your current system has a SEER rating of below 13, or if it’s the wrong size for your home, it’s probably time to replace.
Give Us a Call
If you’re not sure whether you need a repair or installation, give us a call. We help families right here in Middletown, KY to provide an honest diagnostic and a clear explanation of all of your options so you can stay comfortable and confident.
How Long Will An HVAC System Last?
The simple answer is: it depends. Your HVAC system is one of the biggest assets to your home or business, so it only stands to reason that you would want it to last as long as it can.
A higher quality HVAC system will last longer than a budget model. A well-maintained system with immaculate maintenance records will likely live longer than one that has been forgotten for years.
The best systems with regular HVAC maintenance and quality HVAC repairs could last anywhere from 15 to 25 years.
Benefits of A Well-Functioning HVAC System
When air conditioning was introduced, it was a luxury and a way for movie theatres and commercial buildings to keep lots of customers comfortable. Today it is a necessity of modern living. The benefits of a well-functioning HVAC system are essential to day to day function and go way beyond staying comfortable.
- Furnace and AC savings: When your system is working properly, you save money each month on your utility bills, and keep your system longer – saving you more money over time.
- Comfort: Of course, we all want to stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but comfort is also important to pets, children, and those with special medical needs.
- Air Flow: A well-functioning HVAC system keeps the air flowing in your home so you can enjoy fresh, clean air throughout the day.
- Noise: Fans or heaters and windows bringing outside noise contribute to a very noisy house. With a functioning HVAC system, you can close out the world and enjoy a peaceful and comfortable environment.
- Environmental Impact: When your HVAC system isn’t functioning well, it’s likely using more fuel and more energy than is necessary, resulting in a negative environmental impact.
- Increased Resale Value: Trying to sell a home without an HVAC system is virtually unheard of. However, a quality, well-maintained system can contribute significantly to your resale value.
Benefits of Preventative HVAC Maintenance Services
One of the best things Middletown, KY homeowners can do to maintain their HVAC system is to schedule annual maintenance. This should be done at least once, but preferably twice a year. Regularly scheduled HVAC maintenance has a whole list of benefits:
- It will save you money: A minimal maintenance cost per year can save you thousands in future repair bills, it also saves you money each month on lower energy bills because you’re keeping your system working efficiently.
- Avoid unnecessary repairs: HVAC maintenance avoids the disruption caused by HVAC repairs.
- Keeps your home safe: By checking your fuel lines, your clogs, connections and voltage, HVAC maintenance protects your home and family from potential disaster.
- Extends your units’ lifespan: Regular HVAC maintenance will keep your system working efficiently for longer.
- Higher Energy Efficiency: HVAC maintenance keeps your system working efficiently so you use less energy and save money each month.
- Better indoor air quality: Your HVAC system is responsible for the air quality inside your home, making sure it is working properly ensures your air quality is clean and clear.
Is it worth it?
If you could save money, breathe better, and increase the safety of your home in one step, would you take it? That’s what HVAC maintenance does for you.
We Are Your Local HVAC Experts
Our team of highly trained and experienced HVAC contractors in Middletown, KY can handle any job you throw at us. From a simple HVAC repair to a major HVAC installation, we will keep you home or office comfortable all year long. Give us a call today!