Just as regular oil changes extend the life of your car, regular HVAC maintenance extends the life of your HVAC system. Americans spend over $11 billion per year on the monthly costs to heat and cool their homes. That is a significant investment that should be protected.
Understanding how your system works and what maintenance it needs to run properly is a critical step in protecting your home, family, and your wallet. Blackburn and Davis, Inc makes HVAC maintenance easy by offering HVAC maintenance which covers everything you need to stay comfortable all year long.
Benefits of Regular HVAC Maintenance
Those home and business owners who are not familiar with HVAC maintenance may not understand the benefits of a regular maintenance program. This is not a gimmick, or a scheme, it’s a way to get you the services you need without having to overpay for HVAC repairs. The benefits of scheduled HVAC maintenance far outweigh the costs.
- It will save you money: A regularly scheduled HVAC maintenance program easily pays for itself by reducing your energy bills, preventing costly breakdowns, and extending the life of your system overall. In addition, it may also ensure that any problems with your unit are covered under your existing warranty.
- Avoid unnecessary repairs: Most problems are small and can be repaired before they cause big problems. This is a huge benefit of regular HVAC maintenance. A technician will be there to detect and repair small repairs today to avoid costly issues tomorrow.
- Keeps your home safe: Some homeowners in the Louisville, KY area use natural gas to heat their homes. Regular HVAC maintenance helps to ensure your family stays safe while using this type of fuel.
- Extends your units’ lifespan: Generally, an HVAC system will last anywhere from 10-15 years. With regular HVAC maintenance, that can change to up to 20 years.
- Higher Energy Efficiency: Over time, your HVAC system performs less efficiently, using more money to do the same job. With regular HVAC maintenance, it allows your system to run at peak efficiency, which can save up to 30% off of your regular energy bill.
- Better indoor air quality: The EPA has estimated that the air inside might actually be worse than the air outside. If you have family members who have respiratory issues or asthma, regular HVAC maintenance is a no-brainer to ensure they have clean, clear air inside the home.
DIY Heating and Cooling Maintenance
While we recommend scheduling HVAC maintenance with a licensed and trained HVAC technician, like those at Blackburn and Davis, Inc, there are some things you can do to help your HVAC system out in between visits.
- Buy the correct air filter: Many homeowners will use an air filter that is too small, this causes more buildup inside the unit. We recommend a high-efficiency pleated filter with electrostatic charge that works like a magnet for particles and dust.
- Change the air filter regularly: You should check the filter once a month and change it at least every 90 days. Any time it looks dark and clogged, it’s time for a new one. If you have pets, you’ll end up changing it more often.
- Keep the outdoor unit clear of debris: Leaves, twigs, pollen, rocks, grass, and other outdoor elements can cover up the unit and cause it to work overtime. Keep the outdoor units cleaned off and give them at least 2-feet of clearance to prevent crowding and overheating.
- Help prevent clogs: On an annual basis, pour a cup of bleach mixed with water down the air conditioner condensate drain to prevent buildup of mold and algae, which is the main cause of clogs.
- Never close more than 20% of a home’s registers: This puts unnecessary strain on the HVAC system and causes it to work harder. Keep at least 80 percent of the home’s registers open at all times.
- Replace the battery in your home’s carbon monoxide detector annually: This is the best way to ensure you are prepared to detect and take care of a carbon monoxide leak immediately.
- Checking the Condensate Drain: This is another area that may be susceptible to clogs. When you get a clog in the condensate drain, it may lead to moisture accumulation within the system, mold, water damage, and higher than normal humidity. Our technicians can flush and clean this out for you, but checking for clogs periodically is important to catch them early.
- Inspecting Exhaust Outlets: The exhaust outlets are what allows all gases to escape from your house so there’s no risky buildup of carbon monoxide in the home. Keep an eye on these areas and make sure they don’t get covered or clogged.
Why You Should Schedule Your Maintenance With Blackburn and Davis, Inc
- Honest Prices: All costs with your service will be discussed before the work begins. You will not pay for anything you do not need.
- Reliable: We show up at the scheduled time without making you wait around all day. We work around your schedule without making you jump through hoops for your HVAC maintenance.
- Highly-Trained Technicians: Our highly-trained technicians will do the job right the first time. Making us the unrivaled choice for HVAC services.
- Licensed & Insured: You can rest assured knowing our work is guaranteed and should anything go wrong, we have your back.
- Transparency: We explain in detail the service being provided and educate you on the work you are paying for. We are clear and upfront with exactly what the problem is, and what we recommend.
- Unmatched Customer Service: It’s our mission to provide 100% satisfaction through honesty, dedication, and unmatched service.
We Are Your Comfort Warriors
Regular maintenance of your HVAC system provides many benefits such as greater energy efficiency, fewer breakdowns, cost savings, and better indoor air quality. Best of all, it gives you the peace of mind knowing that if something goes wrong, you have someone on your side to make the situation as painless as possible.
If you live in the Louisville, KY, area, Blackburn and Davis, Inc is a great company with an unparalleled HVAC maintenance program to keep your family safe and comfortable.
We are proud to serve Louisville, Prospect, La Grange, Crestwood, and surrounding areas.
Give us a call today and we will help get your system working its best.